Title: The Atlas Six
Series: The Atlas #1
Author: Olivie Blake
The Alexandrian Society is a secret society of magical academicians, the best in the world. Their members are caretakers of lost knowledge from the greatest civilizations of antiquity. And those who earn a place among their number will secure a life of wealth, power, and prestige beyond their wildest dreams. Each decade, the world’s six most uniquely talented magicians are selected for initiation – and here are the chosen few…
– Libby Rhodes and Nicolás Ferrer de Varona: inseparable enemies, cosmologists who can control matter with their minds.
– Reina Mori: a naturalist who can speak the language of life itself.
– Parisa Kamali: a mind reader whose powers of seduction are unmatched.
– Tristan Caine: the son of a crime kingpin who can see the secrets of the universe.
– Callum Nova: an insanely rich pretty boy who could bring about the end of the world. He need only ask.
When the candidates are recruited by the mysterious Atlas Blakely, they are told they must spend one year together to qualify for initiation. During this time, they will be permitted access to the Society’s archives and judged on their contributions to arcane areas of knowledge. Five, they are told, will be initiated. One will be eliminated. If they can prove themselves to be the best, they will survive. Most of them.
I listened to the audio and can confirm that it was fab!
Six people recruited into the Alexandrian Society because of their gifts, they each have to compete for a place and one has to be eliminated.
This is the only dark academia book that I’ve actually enjoyed!
Told in different points of view, we get a glimpse of each characters personality, gift and morals. Although it was a bit slow in places, I really enjoyed the plot, I love a book with a competition and there was only one character I didn’t like….Callum!
~ That little twist at the end!
~ Libby and Nico must happen!
~ Now I’m excited for the next book!