Title: Chase the Dark
Series: Steel and Stone #1
Author: Annette Marie
Piper Griffiths wants one thing in life: To become a Consul, a keeper of the peace between humans and daemons. There are three obstacles in her way.
The first is Lyre. Incubus. Hotter than hell and with a wicked streak to match. His greatest mission in life is to annoy the crap out of her, but he isn’t as harmless as he seems. The second is Ash. Draconian. Powerful. Dangerous. He knows too much and reveals nothing. Also, disturbingly attractive — and scary. Did she mention scary?
The third is the Sahar Stone. Top secret magical weapon of mass destruction. Previously hidden in her Consulate until thieves broke in, went on a murder spree, and disappeared with the weapon.
And they left Piper to take the fall for their crimes.
Now she’s on the run, her dreams of becoming a Consul shattered and every daemon in the city gunning to kill her. She’s dead on her own, but there’s no one she can trust — no one except two entirely untrustworthy daemons … See problems one and two.
Ok, new to me author and this was a recommendation from a friend.
I’m trying something a little different in my review today!!
Lyre: ‘If sex appeal were an artist, he was its masterpiece.’
Ash: dark, dangerous…’Menace clung to him’.
Piper: a haemon, half human half daemon, apprentice consul ie arbitrators between human society and daemons.
The trio find themselves implicated in a crime of stealing a powerful stone, the sahar, and go on the run. Fugitives. But innocent ones! Well sort of! And it all goes off!
* Before the story even kicked off I had a firm favourite! Hello dark and dangerous…but don’t worry too much about that as there really is no romance here…..well yet! I can’t even see this being a triangle which makes me happy, maybe a menage a trois!
* I really enjoyed the history that humans had with daemons. Daemons riding in to save the day!
* It was so full of action, I so felt for them!
* Piper did get on my nerves in some places, its like she was purposefully naive and like a child, she did have a lot going on though but it irked me!!
* Am excited to see where the next book takes us!