Title: Lord of Shadows
Series: The Dark Artifices
Author: Cassandra Clare
Would you trade your soul mate for your soul?
A Shadowhunter’s life is bound by duty. Constrained by honor. The word of a Shadowhunter is a solemn pledge, and no vow is more sacred than the vow that binds parabatai, warrior partners—sworn to fight together, die together, but never to fall in love.
Emma Carstairs has learned that the love she shares with her parabatai, Julian Blackthorn, isn’t just forbidden—it could destroy them both. She knows she should run from Julian. But how can she when the Blackthorns are threatened by enemies on all sides?
Their only hope is the Black Volume of the Dead, a spell book of terrible power. Everyone wants it. Only the Blackthorns can find it. Spurred on by a dark bargain with the Seelie Queen, Emma; her best friend, Cristina; and Mark and Julian Blackthorn journey into the Courts of Faerie, where glittering revels hide bloody danger and no promise can be trusted. Meanwhile, rising tension between Shadowhunters and Downworlders has produced the Cohort, an extremist group of Shadowhunters dedicated to registering Downworlders and “unsuitable” Nephilim. They’ll do anything in their power to expose Julian’s secrets and take the Los Angeles Institute for their own.
When Downworlders turn against the Clave, a new threat rises in the form of the Lord of Shadows—the Unseelie King, who sends his greatest warriors to slaughter those with Blackthorn blood and seize the Black Volume. As dangers close in, Julian devises a risky scheme that depends on the cooperation of an unpredictable enemy. But success may come with a price he and Emma cannot even imagine, one that will bring with it a reckoning of blood that could have repercussions for everyone and everything they hold dear.
So I went straight into book 2 as I needed more!
The Cold Peace has hurt so many people and it carries on……with the Blackthorns and some others helping in the fight to put an end to it.
This is what we’ve got here:
* We have the Faeries back in full force,
* We have the leader of the Wild Hunt trying to romance a Shadowhunter (and I bloody loved that!!),
* We have Magnus and Alec in their gloriousness,
* We have a disgusting group called The Cohorts who sicken me to my very core,
* We have Julian and Emma making me want to punch things,
* We have Emma who makes me realise she really is the number 1 bad a,
* We have Kit, Livvy and Ty who I have fallen in love with,
* We have Mark, Kieran and Cristina who I love with everything I have. I keep picturing Kieran looking like Legolas and that makes it even better!!!!
Oh but jeez that ending devastated me!