A girl who can speak to gods must save her people without destroying herself.
A prince in danger must decide who to trust.
A boy with a monstrous secret waits in the wings.
Together, they must assassinate the king and stop the war.
In a centuries-long war where beauty and brutality meet, their three paths entwine in a shadowy world of spilled blood and mysterious saints, where a forbidden romance threatens to tip the scales between dark and light.
I was really looking forward to this. I saw people said it reminded them of the Grishaverse….but I haven’t read those (but are up next!) so I went in with no expectations..not that you should judge a book on another authors series but just to explain where I was!!!
List format works for me here!
• I defo swooned for Malachiasz!
• Nadya and Malachiasz were fab to read together,
• Serefin was also very delish (to me!),
• Nadya annoyed me at times,
• The world building and the magic system was totally amazing,
• Loved that the Gods had actual personalities,
• It was on the darker side which I loved,
• The beginning had me sucked in,
• The ending was so action packed that I was on the edge of my seat,
• But the middle, it sort of sagged for me,
• The epilogue was defo oh yes.
Probably not for the first time ever, I am left feeling conflicted over a book and a rating. I’m going for 4 because I defo loved this more than I never …..