Title: Court Of Lions
Series: Mirage #2
Author: Somiya Daud
Two identical girls, one a princess, the other a rebel. Who will rule the empire?
After being swept up into the brutal Vathek court, Amani, the ordinary girl forced to serve as the half-Vathek princess’s body double, has been forced into complete isolation. The cruel but complex princess, Maram, with whom Amani had cultivated a tenuous friendship, discovered Amani’s connection to the rebellion and has forced her into silence, and if Amani crosses Maram once more, her identity – and her betrayal – will be revealed to everyone in the court.
Amani is desperate to continue helping the rebellion, to fight for her people’s freedom. But she must make a devastating decision: will she step aside, and watch her people suffer, or continue to aid them, and put herself and her family in mortal danger? And whatever she chooses, can she bear to remain separated, forever, from Maram’s fiancé, Idris?
‘All of us have suffered one loss or another. All of us live in the shadow of that. And those losses do not absolve us of the choices we make.’
Having just finished Mirage, I could not wait to dive into this. Did I love it as much as Mirage? Yes and no.
• The culturism was fabulous…..
• It was a slower pace but the middle sort of dragged for me…..
• My heart bled for Amani and what she had to do in the line of (forced) duty, that girl is so strong……
• The trio plotting….fabulous……
• My love for Maram grew with every page. I lived for her pov but I wanted more……
• Maram and her love interest made my heart soar……
• Idris and Amani….LOVED!
This was still a fabulous sequel but I didn’t get all the feels I did with Mirage but I would defo reread!