Do you believe in ‘the need to read’?
Do you find the need to read comes at the most inopportune times?
No, this isn’t a commercial! But read on!
I find that I suffer with the need to read often!
- I’m waiting for my son to get ready to go shopping. I flick open my book and I’m a chapter in and I have to close it. But I don’t want to!
- Its past 12 at night and I have to go to work the next day. And I have to force myself to close my book to sleep….
- I’m at my sons swimming lesson and promise myself I’ll talk to the other mums to not appear rude…..but the need to read is strong (sometimes stronger!)
- Sat in work and all of a sudden the pull of my book is too much to bear….but I have to squash it down as I have work to do (and the fact they pay me to actually work and not read!!)
- I get up and have to get ready for work….but the need to read makes me read 1 chapter….that turns into 4 and I have to rush around to get ready!
Is this an affliction all bookworms suffer with?
Let me know your situations in comments!